Gum Health Help Protect Your Smile
At Dentistry on Taunton, we know that gum health is important for more than just aesthetic reasons. The health of your gums can have a significant impact on your overall health and well-being. That's why it's important to be aware of gum disease symptoms and take steps to prevent and treat the condition.
Gum disease is a severe infection of the gums that can lead to tooth loss and a host of other systemic health problems. Some of the symptoms of gum disease include bleeding gums, receding gums, and pain or sensitivity in the teeth and gums. If you experience any of these symptoms, it's essential to call us. We’ll assess your gums and ensure you receive appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
You can do several things to prevent gum disease, such as brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, eating a balanced diet, and avoiding tobacco products. If you already have gum disease, there are treatment options that can help improve your symptoms and prevent further damage to your gums and teeth. These treatments include:
- Scaling and root planing: This deep-cleaning treatment removes plaque and tartar from the teeth and gums.
- Antibacterial mouthwashes can help kill the bacteria that cause gum disease.
- Fluoride treatments can help strengthen the teeth and make them more decay-resistant.
- Surgery: Surgery may sometimes be necessary to treat gum disease.
If you're concerned about your gum health, call us today! We'll help you determine if you're at risk for gum disease and develop a treatment plan that meets your unique needs.
Contact Dentistry On Taunton About Prioritizing Your Gum Health Today
- Protect your gums with diligent professional & at-home care
- Learn the signs associated with gum & periodontal disease
- Have any issues treated quickly by our team
- Avoid tooth loss, bone density issues, & more
- Prioritize your oral health!